Skip to main content

A GOOD TIME TO START - Elvira Jordan



A GOOD TIME TO START - Elvira Jordan


For over a week now I have been lying in a hospital bed. 

(If you’re tempted to stop this message and check up on me, no need. I am very much okay. 😁)


It’s not really funny being confined to a place, especially for a wakaholic like me. It has indeed been a humbling experience for me. It has given me the opportunity to appreciate good health, life, and our everyday abilities even more.

It is so funny how many lessons I have learnt just by sitting still for a while.


This past week has taught me a lot and has helped me to go through some thoughts that I have been putting off. It has also forced me to review some parts of my life I may have ignored; to rethink some of my decisions, to restrategise, to replan and to restructure my cards. 


Once in a while, my world tends to experience these kinds of pause; giving me a moment to do some self reflection and see some aspects of my life that my usual busy routine will not let me see. 


A good example is the fact that I experienced 3 new births and was privileged to share a room with 3 new mothers and 3 new babies. I don’t have the time to explain all that I gathered from this but this was a whole new experience on its own and it has given me a new perspective of thinking. 

****

From 2020 till now, I have had several “fresh starts”. I mean, situations where I have had to abandon old patterns, let go of old ways of thinking, shifting from what I thought I knew, deviate from how I used to do things; starting all over again, learning new things and starting new cycles. 


For every time I have had to start over, I have often thought it was the last time I would start afresh. But alas, maybe a year later, there comes another reason why I need to start over again. Either in career, in relationships, in lifestyle etc.


Intact, I started over in January 2026, in April 2026 and I think I may be starting over again in August 2026. πŸ˜‚


The whole point of today’s message is to let you know that life itself is not linear. No matter how old (or young) you are, you will definitely get to times and situations where you will have to start over.


New ways of life, abandoning old patterns. 

New lines of thinking, abandoning old school of thoughts. 

New habits, letting go of old habits that no longer serve you. 


The best thing about starting over is that you may not really know why you’re starting over, but the willingness to do so, and the courage to do it automatically opens doors to new and higher timelines.


When you start over, you become new in that aspect, and that newness opens new doors for you.


Most people don’t like new beginnings because they are afraid to start over. The thing about being this fear is that it keeps you stagnant. Stuck. Unmovable. Unreachable.

Blind to new possibilities.


You cannot put new wine in old wine skin. 


Open your eyes and see where you may need to start over. 

Look out for the old things that no longer serve you. 

Decide and plan to change things.


29th of July is a new moon.

August 1st is a new month.

What a good time to start all over.


As you go about your day today, ponder on these words.


BIBLE VERSE: 2 Corinthians 6:2

For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.


PRAYER

Dear Lord, let this new day, new week and coming days open up a new season and a new timeline of Growth, Prosperity, Abundance and Success to us. Amen πŸ™πŸ½


Do have a Blessed Monday and a Successful Week ahead.

πŸ§‘πŸ€πŸ’œπŸŒΌπŸ’™πŸŒΉπŸ’šπŸŒΈ❤️πŸŒ»πŸ–€πŸπŸ€

#ELVIRASPEN  #mondaymotivation 


Read, comment and share with friends

Comments

Post a Comment

Elvira’s Pen

Popular posts from this blog

COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF THE 23 INDIGENOUS ETHNIC GROUPS OF NASARAWA STATE AND THE FCT (Photos)

Source: Plateau Gurara Gongola COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF THE 23 INDIGENOUS ETHNIC GROUPS OF NASARAWA STATE AND THE FCT 1) AFO (Eloyi/Ajiri) -           With an estimated population of 400,000 - 500,000 natives. They are one of the 5 largest ethnic groups in Nasarawa state.       They make up the largest ethnic group in Nasarawa LGA and are also found in large numbers in Kokona and Keffi LGAs.   Some Afo are also Indigenous to Agatu LGA in Benue state, but most of them there identify ethnically as Agatu.       They speak a Plateau (Benue-Congo) language which has been heavily influenced by neighbouring Idomoid (Volta-Niger) languages like Alago and Agatu.     Their neighbours are the Alago, Agatu, Gwandara/Toni, Gbagyi and Bassa Kwomu.     They are predominantly Christian with a significant Muslim and Traditionalist population.      The major towns/communities they are found include ...

TIME IS NOT IN A HURRY - Elvira Jordan

TIME IS NOT IN A HURRY - Elvira Jordan Good Morning Beloved! Have you ever been late for work or an event and you’re trying to meet up by doing everything in a hurry? You will see that as you’re trying to comb your hair in a hurry, the brush will fall off a couple of times for you to pick it up and continue. You may wear your jacket the wrong way and be forced to take it off and wear it again. All this will make you late the more. We must have experienced this one way or the other. Yesterday, I realized that we have just 4 months till the end of the year and I just shrugged it off because even though the year ran fast, “What Will Be Will Be”.  This realization may be triggering for some people, especially those who have grandeur plans for the year, lists of achievements, things they want to accomplish in 2025 and things like that. If you haven’t done what you think you need to do, the rush of the year may actually mess with your mind, making you feel like you’re being left behind....

BRAND COMMUNICATION

Running a business/ organization is hard enough, you don’t need to stress over getting a new staff, setting up your social media pages or creating attractive content on your business page. ELVIRA’S PEN offers these services and more… We provide: Recruitment/ Staffing/ Job Adverts Excellent CVs that comply with international standards Business/ Project/ Event Proposals Company/ Personal Profiles Copy Writing Graphic Design & Prints Publications Voice over/ Documentary/ Jingle Production  Advert Production  Content Creation  Social Media Optimization  Newsletter production Email marketing  If you let us to handle your Brand Identity and brand communication, we will give you a Corporate image that is sellable worldwide.  Contact us today. CallπŸ“ž +234 802 419 4844 Email: elviraspenofficial@gmail.com Facebook: Elvira’s Pen IG/X: @elviraspen11 LinkedIn: Elvira’s Pen  Or click on the link to contact on WhatsApp  πŸ‘‡πŸ½ wa.me/234802419484 Read...